Senior Manager Business Architecture
Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB)
Posted On: May 23rd 23
Deadline: May 29th 23
The holder of the role will be responsible for developing and maintaining business capabilities of the enterprise in line with the corporate strategy as well as contributing to the business strategy and plans. Lead IT business process architecture (information and process design, modeling, mapping, documentation, improvement and\or enhancement) of all IT Systems in use by the Bank. Participate in IT System(s) procurement, development, implementation and review to ensure that Business Process Architecture standards and methods are applied in line with Bank policy and best practice. The role will report to the Head of Group Enterprise Architecture.
- Elicit business requirements using interviews, analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis.
- Translates strategic initiatives into delivery-focused change initiatives, while translating business processes and issues into effective conceptual and logical models.
- Liaise with the Business subject matter experts in the development of business architectural framework developing a clear roadmap of Business solutions.
- Lead effort to work with business leaders to identify business capability needs and IT integration.
- Facilitate the identification and analysis of the Bank’s business drivers to deliver enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements.
- Function as a liaison to Business and IT partners in order to gain a broad understanding of industry trends and innovations, and their impact on technology.
- Provide an analysis to determine best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement visa Vis information technology systems enhancement
- Provide architectural oversight of projects and ensure that requirements are in alignment with business strategies and business architecture roadmap/framework.
- Build and maintain repository for deliverables, methodologies, and business development documents.
- Independently facilitate discussions with groups of diverse stakeholders and manage the flow of conversation while driving to meet business objectives.
- Manage conflict among diverse cross portfolio stakeholders related to competing interests and business requirements. Able to help stakeholders objectively examine real needs versus wants and ways to collaborate to achieve win/win resolutions.
- Leverages business capabilities as a platform for illustrating the link between business needs with decisions to their technology, solution, business and information architecture efforts.
- Provide expert knowledge of business process modelling, defining and implementing initiatives to achieve targeted business value required.
- Execution of IT roadmap according to business and IT strategic priorities while evaluating and balancing a portfolio of projects.
- Able to lead and mentor other Business Architects and Business Analysts in their day-to-day work and professional development.
- Ensures business architecture evolves in response to business needs while owning stewardship duties of business architecture artifacts.
- Creating capability models and facilitating the identification of solutions while establishing best practices for key business architecture services
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field of study.
- At least of 8 years’ experience in Information Technology
- Experience in at least two IT disciplines such as (business architecture, application/solutions architecture, application development)
- Prior working experience in a leading formal enterprise architecture framework
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Excellent understanding of software delivery processes and methodologies (i.e., waterfall, agile, hybrid).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with ability to breakdown complex items to actionable elements.
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture.
- Familiarity with graphical modelling approaches, tools, and model repositories.
- Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications on individual components and projects.
- Ability to liaise with all levels of management and subject matter experts across the industry and within the organization to drive adoption of Business Architecture.
- Highly developed soft skills, such as listening, empathy, and the ability to adjust communication style based on the audience.
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday 29th May 2023
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.